Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Later on and still holding on

So I've lived at my fathers house house for a while at that point. It was nearing Halloween (2010) and my grandmother was sick and dying. My mother kept prying that I go and see her before she passes and I would refuse. My grandma was never a big part of my life and my mother used to always tell me the awful things she did to her. Like say she wished my mother was never born, chase her around with a knife and tell her she should die. My grandmother would tell my mom her was awful and call her bad names. I always felt sad when my mother said these things and I disliked my grandma but when ever I saw them together, they acted like regular mother and daughter. Maybe it was old age that had calmed my grandma down, but I never saw these things in her.
This was way I didn't want to see her and I had to catch up on my failing grades in school. As it was, on October 13, I was getting ready to head out with a friend of mine, Brendan. He wanted advice because of his girlfriend, my other friend, Christine. My mother called me before I was about to leave and told me that my grandma had passed on. I was not phased like I wish I should have been, and went to meet Brendan.
Another story goes on with the Brendan, Christine, and me, but that's another day....
I wasn't until the funeral that I cried. I was one of the Pallbearers and my mom looked at me with her red eyes from crying and said "I'm glade to see you have emotions" and left. I was shocked and hurt. Again.


~until another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment